Saturday, March 03, 2007

Grumble...

Grumble...

I'm tired. It's been a really long week. This day job thing is really kicking my ass. I spent my entire week doing rudimentary data entry. Nothing is as boring as data entry. 40 hours staring at a screen. Much to my chagrin, the pile of documents I've been dealing with doesn't seem to be diminishing I'm convinced that someone is sneaking papers into my pile.

Working for a living sucks ass. I really hate it.

The small of my back aches like a son of a bitch, and my shoulders feel like someone was kneeling on them. I now understand the plight of millions of office workers who suffer from repetitive strains. How people carry on day in and day out in offices mystifies me.

On Monday, I turn 36. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I've been feeling "old" lately. I seem to be unable reconcile the feeling that I'm behind schedule in some fashion. I can't put my finger on what exactly, but I feel like I can't catch up. (Fuck that sounds like the premise for some shitty Alabama song…)

Is this normal? I wish there was some sort of proper manual that could explain some of how I'm feeling. (Not some piece of shit 'Chicken Soup for the Soul" pile of crap… Which to me is as fake and contrived as an Anne Geddes photo. I'd rather run my gums across a belt sander than waste my time with that nonsense.)

I feel like I'm getting dumber too. I'm just a few moments away from giggling when I fart, and while part of me appreciates the simplicity of that, I'm also aghast by it. I've been unable to finish reading books, and my tragically basic understanding of English grammar has diminished greatly. I'm hoping that with some sleep these things might return to me. I'm not holding my breath though.

More to come later…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcus,

Long time no talk to. I just decided to drop by your blog and say "hey". Sounds like you're in a bit of a rut. I can sure relate to some of what you're saying, especially what you said about feeling "behind schedule". Maybe that's normal with you hit your mid 30's. I'm still not okay with being anywhere in my 30's either.

Well...I do have faith that there's somehow a rainbow (or maybe something a bit less cliche that that) at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

You are talented comedian and still think you'll get a break one of these days.

Oh...if you're looking for a "career" change...they're looking for school bus drivers at Southland. That's what I'm doing now...and it's better than working in an office. Just a thought. Pays pretty good too.

Anyhoo...just thot I'd say hi. Talk to ya later,

Your long lost friend and ex-coworker,
Candice C.