Wednesday, December 15, 2004

12/14/04 Crappy Smokes and Maple Syrup...

I bought a pack of Dunhill cigarettes today. I must say, they are crap. Fully crap. There's no smooth rich flavor. They have an acidic taste, like what I imagine diesel would taste like. Bleeeech. Tomorrow, It's back to Camels. (The old reliable brand...) It's amazing what a crappy cigarette can do to your day. It's furled my brow dammit! As I might have mentioned, I tend to be a creature of habit, and my bad habits are not withstanding.

On to business...

So, still no reply to my invective email to Ann Coulter. I'm not holding my breath, but a part of me is dying to get a response. Regardless, I'm going to do everything I can to pick at her. She needs someone to hold her accountable for the shit that she barks out of her mouth. I elect me!

Who picks on Canada anyway? We are a nation of mostly happy go lucky people, without a chip on our collective shoulder. We don't stomp through other people's backyards, or leave a thumbprint on all the hot spots of the world. Frankly, It's just not our style. Our foreign policy leads us to peace keeping, and building schools in under developed nations. We don't blow them up, like (AHEM...) some countries do. I can't remember the last time an education budget was slashed to boost the military. I can, however, remember the complete opposite.

It's not that I think we can't get feisty, because I know we can. We just tend to let the situation warrant it first. It's a nice feeling knowing that you come from a country that still has some principles. That business interests haven't completely taken over the national sentiment. Sure we have our problems, like any other country, but I think overall, Canadian Ideology is sound. Thank heaven for that.

I just wish that more Canadians could see that. Regional differences mean shit in the scope of things. It gets a little tiring to hear different provinces bicker and threaten to separate. (This seems to be the Canadian equivalent of a Jihad...) We don't realize how lucky we really are. There are very few countries in the world, that can celebrate the kinds of achievements that we have accomplished. Still fewer that can say they live in as free a society. (Okay, the weather sucks here... and we can be a little wishy washy... )

Maybe we should give Sweden, New Zealand, Norway, and the Netherlands a ring. I bet you we could come up with The Axis of the Rational and Reasonably Grounded. Oh sure it doesn't sound like much, but I bet we wouldn't get into too much trouble. No one has ever been complimented to death. Although, that would be kind of funny.

Tucker Carlson (a host on Crossfire, and a right wing schmuck... who at 35 years of age wears a bow tie... but I digress...) was quoted as saying “Canadians with any ambition leave and come to the United States.” I couldn't disagree more. To me it's more like this, Canadians who sell themselves and their nation short move south.

He also half jokingly said that “Most Canadians are too busy dog sledding to get upset with our relationship with America.”

I hope he drowns in a vat of maple syrup.

End of Transmission.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being the little shit-disturber I am, check this out. Someone’s in love with the witch:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/nickdebrey/