Wednesday, August 24, 2005

08/24/05 Back into the light...

I like taking little vacations from writing this blog. They help bring me a fresh perspective to the things that I normally rant and rage about. Lately the vacations have been more frequent, mostly because I am trying to excise some stale ways of thinking.

There are only so many ways to either praise or in my case usually demonize the things that affect you. Sometimes it can cloud your judgement, and you wind up writing in circles. It becomes a really difficult task to try and not rehash the same old crap over and over again.

Someone asked me the other day how I felt. For the first time in a long time it was instinctual to reply “Good.” It’s true. I feel good. I have escaped what had become a bit of a brain cloud. Historically speaking, it was normal for me to be critical about whatever was in my face at the moment. Which raises a really good question, how did I get to be so jaded?

I have been thinking a lot about how I might even begin to try and answer this. Over the next few weeks, I intend to elaborate further. Perhaps at the end I will become a cleric, or a madman, or more likely a combination of the two. Either way, stay tuned.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

It is impossible to be a cleric without becoming a madman.