Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flames Beat the Ducks in Game 1.



Today was a good day. I had the day off, and pretty much engrossed myself in nothing but hockey. I spent the better part of the morning listening to the major sports networks’ prognostications about this year’s brawl for the cup.

Later on I went to Brett’s to watch the game. I’m glad I got to hang out with him. I’ve missed him. It’s nice to see him planting some roots. He seems happier than I can ever recall. Perhaps taking a break from his hobo life is doing him some good.

Anyway…

We played guitar for a while, and then watched the Oilers and Wings opener. Both of us trying to contain ourselves… Our team was next on the bill. I could barely stand the wait. Then the stupid Wings tied it… and the Flames game started late.

The game was a bit of a nail biter, but in the end, the right team won.

From the looks of it, this series with the Ducks is going to be a hard fought one. Kipper, Jerome and McCarty all looked really good out there tonight. It was nice to see Amonte kick off the scoring too.

More stuff to come later…

No comments: