Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Saturday by Any Other Name is...

Today feels like the longest day in human history. I’m tired, and I’m not sure why. I slept reasonably well, but I feel like I’m being dragged from behind a stagecoach. (Or at least what I imagine that to feel like.)

Work has been tedious today too. I feel surrounded by the minutia. Every detail is picking at me. My gang seems to be working well, (with notable exceptions who shall remain nameless…) and I’ve got a lot done, but there still seems to be tons to do.

It’s been almost a month since I’ve been on stage, and I’m getting a little itchy. Next week, I’m on the road, and I really need it. I feel as if I’m covered in rust. It will be nice to scrape it off.

Otherwise things are well. I’ve no real news to tell, and for once, nothing is really picking at my ass. I suppose I could beat up on the President a little more, but I’m feeling a little merciful right now. Besides I never really wanted this blog to be all about him anyway. (Regardless of it’s title)

Truth is this whole blog mess of mine was supposed to be about me, and while these are my thoughts, I should spend more time exposing my life. Oddly I’m a pretty private person, and it takes a lot to drag out who I really am.

What are the things that make me tick? This has been a hard question for me to answer. I’ve been stuck trying to figure out a lot of this.

I know I’m not a lesbian, or a Nazi, or an anarchist (although I love it when I see it…), I’m not big on pain, and I hate the colour yellow.

I don’t like eggplant, and I’ll never be a farmer. I like horses, cats, and dogs. I dislike cows, and I’m glad we eat them. The best thing about a cow is that it tastes great with BBQ sauce.

I like lots of different types of music, but punk will always be in my heart. I like music that reeks of reckless abandon.

I respect the armed forces, and am willing to admit I’m too much of a coward to do what they do. (including the hazing stuff…)

I would do nothing for the rest of my life if I could. Sure that’s lazy, but I don’t care. I would love to live in the country, but only if I could have TV and Internet.

I hate lawn mowing and vacuuming equally. Although I don’t mind cleaning the kitchen for some reason.

People with an agenda that’s radically different than mine kind of scare me. It’s not just overly religious types or politicians either. Lately I’ve been suspiciously eyeing our mailman.

People with angry pets freak me out too, as do those who insist on keeping snakes or other reptiles (as well as rodents and arachnids…) that just doesn’t seem right to me.

I don’t usually trust vegans, (although there are a couple that break that rule…) or anyone who get too excited about Birkenstocks. You can wear them, but if we need to have more than a passing note about them, then there’s a dysfunction.

I’m not a Leafs or Oilers fan, nor could I really give a shit about Ottawa or Vancouver. (I really believe that Hockey is a gift from the heavens.)

I love Scotch and Irish whiskey. Bourbon and Rye whiskey are constructs of the devil and frighten me. (Mostly because they make me lippy. Well… more so than I already am…) Red wine and beer are good too. (Except anything that comes in a box or is made by Molson or Labatt. Bleech…)

I love to fly. The feeling of taking off is awesome. I pretend in my head that I’m going into space. (ROCKET MAN…) I hate landings though. Especially if my ears don’t pop. That makes me both cranky and clumsy. Not a winning combination for me at the best of times.

Golf is fucking boring. So are curling, lawn darts, and horseshoes. I hate lumberjack skills competitions too, and yet somehow I can’t stop watching it if it’s on TV.

I would like to punch Lou Dobb’s in the nose, and yet Paula Zahn and Anderson Cooper are inoffensive to me. (This I just don’t get…) I would pay good money to watch Larry King stick fight with Ted Turner. (I’m not even kidding…)

I hate clowns, mimes and street performers. All of them! I also hate improve guys and prop acts. Fucking boring!!! The only thing worse to me is a magician. (Especially that Cris Angel guy… He needs a beat down in the worst kind of way. I’ve seen the Crow… It wasn’t that good…)

Anyway, more as I think of it…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u know wut marcus i like flying too and i hate landing cus usually i m forced to go to places where i dont wanna go so idea of landing usually makes me mad .aaaa..there is one more thing that u dont like...hang on may be you do..pictures of ....u know wut i mean...

denise said...

I've never loved you more..................

xoxo,

'cept the Oiler thing - now we're fighting.