Saturday, June 24, 2006

Just a Quick Update...

There are some life changes looming in the near future for me. I’m excited. I need the shake up. I feel like I’m covered in moss and need to emerge from this groggy state.

This past week was really fun. I had shows on Tuesday and Wednesday, and they both went really well. I felt like myself on stage again. The self-imposed exile seems to have done some good.

The new stuff is starting to take some shape. It still needs work, but it was nice to see that I can fit it into a pro show, and not look like a total retard in the process. None of it is polished, but at least it’s funny.

I have been toying with a myspace site. So far, I’m none too pleased with it. I really have no desire to have 1000 “friends.” (Most of whom are web cam girls and strippers…) I see some potential with it, but I also think it really might be too late for it to do any real good. (In terms of concrete promotion.)

I have started to build contextual menus for a coming DVD. My thinking is that this blog, and the DVD will be companions to each other. I think using them as vehicles for each other is a clever idea. The DVD adds voice that’s missing, and the blog offers what could be described as a set of “living” liner notes.

The Video for the disc will be shot Aug 10-12 at the Calgary Yuks club. I’m hoping to get all my friends out for it. The more support the better for this one. I’m excited about it. I’ve needed this kind of promo for a long time. I will be adding a link to the blog that will permit people to download my press kit. (As soon as I can figure it out…)

Anyhoo, More to come soon…

No comments: