Monday, June 26, 2006

Sunday Night

Life is pretty good these days. I’m feeling somewhat liberated… One might say footloose and fancy free even. (Although that may be a little much.) I’m brimming with ideas, almost too many for my own good. I suspect the only thing worse than having idle hands, is having them too full.

Anyway… As you may have noticed, my attentions have been once again focused on my chosen career. I’m currently in the process of assembling a new promo package. It’s about bloody time I got off of my comfy lazy ass and got to it too. I have all the tools and no more excuses, so the ball is finally rolling.

I see real potential in creating a sort of “multimedia” package. The incorporation of Blogs and DVDs seem like a natural pairing to me. It strikes me that if used properly, they are the building blocks of a brand name. Their construction however is the easy part.

The real trick is speaking to your target audience. I know who I’m looking for, now they just need to know they were looking for me. It sounds easy on paper, but it’s a different story in actual execution. (Barring giving birth to a flaming monkey, or finding Jesus in my grilled Cheese…)

Mind you that sounds a little calculated, but I would argue that it is also necessary. Branding helps in separating the herd, and sadly I need to start thinking this way. If I want to stay busy at this, I need to. There are no ifs ands or buts.

Make no mistake, I’m not trying to manufacture something artificial, content speaks for itself. I just think it’s important to use a little acumen from time to time.

The menus for the DVD are really starting to look smashing. So far it’s been a really simple task to get them straightened out. The flow is really natural, almost ergonomic even. I can’t wait to shoot the video.

The really nice thing about having a Mac is that audio and video layout (Not to mention mastering…) are a snap. I remember trying to put this stuff all together on a Pee Cee, and having nothing integrate well. It was really brutal. It was truly too frustrating for words.

Speaking of shabby, I’ve decided to remove the myspace site. It sucks, and it just plain has to go. I will try again, but so far I really hate how it works.

Today I got another handful of requests from exotic dancers wanting to be “buddies.” Geesh…

Anyway… more to come…

No comments: