Thursday, October 06, 2005

10/06/05

Wow… That last post kicked up a bit more dust than I would have expected. It’s amazing what kind of adventure a few words can take you on. I never expected that my thoughts would inspire some people to unload on me. Over the last year, I’ve had a few little skirmishes on here, but never a personal attack. Well, not a spiteful one.

But it’s time to move forward. No time like the present to step away from the lolly gagging. Life is too short to get caught up in the ramblings of others. (Especially when they have no bearing in my life… well none other than to make me weep for the death of common sense.) Besides the recent personal accomplishments I’ve made prevent me from letting this nonsense get to me. I’ve got bigger and tastier fish to fry.

So for those of you who decided to unfurl your venom on me, I have just this to say…
“Good luck with that, and I hope you find a more sporting victim…”

On to other things…

Last night I had a gig at Yuks. I really enjoyed myself. I decided to walked away from material quickly, and got into a nice little stream of conscious moment. I managed to come up with a few things that will eventually become bits. They worked reasonably well just as free formed ideas, so I can’t wait to see what happens once they get fleshed out a bit. Still there seems to be no clean, happy nice people jokes popping up… just filth… but filth with potential. I want to write just one squeaky-clean joke. Just to be able to say, “see… I can write a nice joke…”

I hung out with Brett last night. I always enjoy that. As people and friends, we are a lot alike. (Sometimes too much perhaps…and definitely more so than I think I ever realized before.) We both have a remarkably small threshold for other people’s bullshit. We wound up at the restaurant formerly known as “Husky House” and spent a couple of hours just shooting the shit. It’s funny how we can sit there drinking decafe and talk about the differences between Republics and Monarchies. (Although somehow sodomy jokes always make it into the mix.)

Anyway, I’m tired… I might actually get some sleep tonight.

1 comment:

Daryl Makk said...

YOu talked of Monarchies and only got sodomy jokes with Brett?!?! No "Fist fuck the..."
well, you know the tune!
;-)