Saturday, October 01, 2005

10/01/05

If this day went any slower, I think I’d seriously consider ramming a pencil into my eye socket, just to try and relieve the boredom. I wish I were kidding. It is so slow today. It’s painful to endure its reticent pace. I am wholly unable to recall a time (at least in recent memory.) where time just outright fails to move forward.

I realize that the statement, “A watched pot never boils…” is homespun wisdom, but this just feels ridiculous. It’s like some sick fucked up joke.

Perhaps it’s just because I’m in a bad mood. My world is cloudy today. I find myself in an unreasonable state of mind. It’s one of those days where I’d rather spit nails, or kick puppies than deal with anyone. Needless to say, I woke up with considerably less than cheer in my heart. Morning showed up like an uninvited guest today. (Much like a relative you’re forced to be nice to, even though you’d rather pretend you’re having a stroke, or falsely plead guilty to a murder to avoid them.)

I’m not sure what’s picking at my ass, but it’s pissing me off. I could sense something foul last night, but I tried to shake it, but it appears not to have worked.

Anyway, enough of my tantrum…

I had a lot of fun on Wednesday. The Yuks gang had a benefit for the victims / survivors of the disaster in New Orleans. It was a good show. The crowd was a little smaller than I would have expected, but it didn’t detract from the fun.

Cory Makk was the emcee. She just got nominated for a Canadian comedy award. I hope she wins. She’s a class act all the way.

Last night Erin and I went to see “Corpse Bride”. It was very good. I really like Tim Burton, and I like how he plays with gothic style. It wasn’t as good as “A Nightmare Before Christmas”, but it was totally enjoyable.

I also picked up a couple of cool CD’s. Stars – Set Yourself on Fire, and The Most Serene Republic – Underwater Cinematographer. You should check them both out.

Anyway… More to come later…

No comments: