Tuesday, May 24, 2005

05/24/05 cont'd

7am. Not my most favourite time of day. I don’t understand how my wife does this everyday. What kind of cruel taskmaster decided that this was the perfect time of day for people to be productive? There should be a revolution. Utopia for me would be starting work at noon. That sounds much more reasonable. Some may think that this notion is outta step. I say it’s sane.

The walk to work was nice enough. It was surprisingly quiet. There was no line at the café. (A rare occurrence…) Those poor bastards have to be up even earlier.

I think our society would be a much better place if we started our days much later. Imagine tens of millions of people who are well-rested, and ready to start the day fresh. There would be no need for guns; wars would be a thing of the past, as would road rage. The lack of sleep that triggers human stupidity would no longer exist. Productivity would be high; sales of sleeping aids would be low.

On to other things…

I’m working on a joke about Sting. The joke, more specifically is about his thoughts on tantric sex. I won’t get into the details of the joke, but I started thinking about what else could have tantric used as a suffix. Here’s a list.

1)Tantric Violence (This is a concept who’s time has come…)
2)Tantric Ambivalence (I’d write something here, but… aw fuck it…)
3)Tantric Obesity (Pass the dutchie…)
4)Tantric Misery (Sadly this one works for far to many people I know…)
5)Tantric Tragedy (Everyone knows someone who embraces this as their own personal mantra.)

I’m positive I’ll come up with more…

End of Transmission

No comments: