Tuesday, May 24, 2005

05/24/05

Yet another entry in “The I can’t sleep chronicles.”

It’s been a fun couple of weeks. Life is generally pretty good. Erin and I had a good celebration this weekend. One year and counting, so far so good.

I’ve gone the movies a lot over the past week. On Wednesday Daniel and I went to see the new Star Wars flick. I loved it. It is my belief that for the duration of that film, time had no meaning. For just about 3 hours, I was that same awestruck little boy sitting in the theater in 1977. It was brilliant. All in all, it was a delicious moment of self-indulgence.

I had so much fun, that I had to go again. Erin and I went with her folks. It had that same magic for me once again. I think in some ways, I may have an unhealthy love of all things Star Wars. But then again, without Star Wars, it’s unlikely that I would love movies as much as I do. It has become the praxis of my love of cinema.

It was fun to see all the geeks out in full force. There were costumes spanning the entire gamut of the Star Wars universe. It was definitely more than a film. It was an event. A moment when geeks everywhere knew it would be okay to come out and play, and they didn’t disappoint.

Last night, Erin and I went to see Kingdom of Heaven. I must say I liked it too. It evoked the same sense of adventure that “Gladiator” did. It was a little slower in spots, but there was enough solid material there to keep my interest keen.

More later.