Friday, May 27, 2005

05/26/05 Today...

I slept late today. I have been exhausted lately. It’s the kind of tired that makes you feel brittle. It’s almost as if you might break in a gust of wind. It’s my own fault though. I have little to no compunction to sleep until I shut down. This is nothing new to me. Those who read this blog, or who know me well, know I don’t shut down. I crash.

I looked in the mirror when I got up. My eyes were bloodshot. I have never seen them that bloodshot before. I looked like I might have gone though a very hard night of drinking.

Alas that was not the case. At least that way I could blame it on something other that my dysfunctional circadian rhythm. They looked like little pink marbles. They felt heavy like glass too. In my sleep-deprived state, I imagine kids playing knock outs with them. I know this can’t be good.

Work was as work is. I got myself the obligatory caffeine injection, and got rolling along. We started a one off project that just didn’t seem to get off the ground very well. It was slow and ugly. My gang had gotten quite frustrated with it, and I don’t blame them. It was a rough go.

I got home later than I had planned on. It took forever to get finished tonight. Erin was up, but not for long. She conked out early, so I decided to go for a walk.

The night air was nice. Not warm, but not chilly either, it was what I decided to be the perfect walking weather. I made it to the Ship and Anchor. The patio was full, and music spilled out onto the street, like it was rushing to meet me. I popped in to see who was around. About twenty minutes later, I decided to make my way for home again.

That takes me to here. It’s late again, and yet I sit and type this. A damn fool I am.

No comments: