Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Root Canals and Passing Friends...

The last few days have been frustrating. Firstly I found out that a friend of mine had passed away, and secondly my root canal from a year ago is continuing to cause me grief.

My friend Shane Mack passed away a few days ago. He was an interesting fellow. Punk rocker, doorman, drinking buddy, tattoo artist and devout worshipper at the church of Hunter S. Thompson and raving lunatic are just a few of the things that he was.

He was also at his core, a really decent person. The last time I saw him he was making a concentrated effort to change his life. I was totally startled to hear about his death. (As most people are I suppose…)

I will miss him. His antics and hair-brained schemes were always entertaining to me. I hope there is a heaven, because he deserves it.

As for the root canal, I lost the filling. So I went in to get it looked at, only to find out that I have a cyst and that the tooth will have to be removed. That sucks. Just what I needed, expensive dental surgery. Whoopee… sign me up.

Anyway enough of my bitching…

End of Transmission.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Not sure if you'll see this, nearly a year later. I was friends with Shane Mack in high school in SK and for a while after. We lost contact after a stupid fight in 2000. I wasn't as supportive as I could have been while he was battling with some demons I couldn't understand. I was actually googling him to see if I could make ammends after 7 years. This is a shock, to say the least. I would really appreciate it if you would email me - hope that's not a weird request. Thanks.

Marcus C. Beaubier said...

nope problem.... send me your email address...

mbeaubier@msn.com