Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New on the ipod this week



1)Pearl Jam – self titled. Wow… Pearl Jam decided to write a killer rock and roll record. This one’s a middle finger to all those music critics that declared, “Rock is dead”. It’s the heaviest thing they’ve done since 10. It appears as if Pearl Jam got tired of arty affectations and got back to business. It’s a very solid effort for sure. Check out “Life Wasted”, and “Severed Hand” I’m glad I bought this disc.



2)NOFX – Wolves in Wolves Clothing. These guys just get better and better. Fat Mike doesn’t was any time on this one. Clever lyrics and hooky riffs abound. So far these are some my favorites. From the song "U.S.A Holes"

“We see the iceberg from 15 miles away... The captain orders the ship to "stay the course... "Full speed ahead" shouts the accurst... The next thing we heard was, "Rich women and children first... The ship is listing, the captain's placing blame on the iceberg... "That berg attacked us, I am declaring war on the Arctic"... Who could ever have predicted the greatest ship could so easily sink?”

It's great Punk rock. It's also quite funny. I love NOFX... There I've said it!!!

No comments: