Thursday, May 04, 2006

update... MIGRAINE!!!

I hate migraines. Currently I am recovering from a doozy. It feels like I got hit in the forehead with a 5-pound sledge. Light and sound have been kicking me around like their little bitch all day. Strangely it reminds me of a wildlife documentary I watched where two bobcats were tormenting a turtle. The turtle managed to safely hide inside his shell, but he still got smacked around a fair bit.

The worst parts of a migraine for me are the nausea and the facial numbness. I have become an old pro at recognizing when a nasty one is coming on. I never used to get them, but then I moved to Calgary, and there they started. There is something about the barometric pressure shifting here that lights me up like a roman candle.

I have been trying to “play through the pain” but sadly so far all I’ve been able to muster is lying on the couch and squinting at the television. Weekday television is actually worse than nighttime television. Who gave Tony Danza a show? He’s terrible. I’d rather watch Elvira Kurt. (How fucking sad is that?) Apparently Tony has a fascination with ukuleles. So did Tiny Tim… Perhaps it has something to do with the letter t. I bet Tom Brokaw has a ukulele too.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

When I get migraine's from the weather changes here in Calgary I take a Contact C and within 30 minutes I'm fine. I've tried lots of other meds and none of them worked like as well.