Monday, January 10, 2005

01/10/05 No longer feeling Slapdash...

Today is a good day. I have a spring in my step, and I’m whistling a tune. I feel good. Things seems to be getting back to normal in my head. Christmas really recharged my batteries I think. I have a lot more patience at work, and I feel like I’m not spinning my wheels so much. It’s a nice change. Hopefully I can make the feeling last. That would be really nice. Really nice indeed.

I have some new ideas about performance. I really think that rock stars and comics have a lot in common. I want to start exploring this further. I like the idea of making the show completely over the top. Bigger, louder, and fill of that "devil may care" rock star attitude. I want lights, music, blood, sweat and tears. I want the show to be an overwhelming experience. Something relentless that knocks an audience back a few feet. If I could ever swing it, I’d like to have a gospel choir behind me on stage. That would rock.

I think it would be a little like this.

Me: Blah blah blah... I hate Bush... Can I get a witness?
Choir director: Testify!!!
Me: I said... CAN I GET A WITNESS?
Choir: (all) TESTIFY!!!

Then we all burst into song about our collective hatred of Bush. Clapping our hands, and smiling with the biggest joyful expressions on our faces. I would really love that. Infect, forget the rock star thing. I want stand up to be a religious experience.

Other stuff:

I hope that the tsunami relief projects don’t begin to over shadow other projects too much. It would be a real shame for other charities and relief efforts to be hampered because people "Already gave this year..."
Regardless of how terrible the events of Boxing Day 04, There are still countless millions who need help elsewhere.

Next:

Have you ever just wanted to punch someone? Not for any real reason, but just because in some perverse way it would be entertaining? I’m no thug, but, lately I just wanna poke someone in the melon. I realize that sounds sick, and I would never do it, but it really would be amusing to me. Perhaps I should re think this. I’m sure there is some psyche test out there that says I’m a raving loon for thinking this way.

Anyway, more later.

No comments: