Thursday, January 27, 2005

01/27/05

I'm feeling a little better today. It's not as hard to swallow, and the teeth have calmed down a little. At least I'm not lying on the floor in the fetal position weeping. Yesterday, the pain was so bad, I had the sweats. That's a truly awful feeling. Warm, yet clammy, and hateful from the pain. Tylenol 3 has become my new best friend. Man that shit is great. It gave me a little bit of a buzz. It really took the edge off of the pain. Previous to this, I was considering smashing myself with a hammer till I just passed out. Happily the dentist gave me the goods. Now if only I could cool down a little.

On to other things…

I watched President Bush on television tonight. He was talking about the upcoming elections in Iraq. He had that goofy smile of his on high beam. I love watching him speak. Stammering away like a kid with tourettes or at the very least with a vicious stutter. He always throws in that little laugh, like he's surprised that people want to question his policies. Just a nervous little laugh, with dash of confusion for good measure. You just know that Karl Rove is wringing his hat behind the scenes, or perhaps smacking himself with a hammer, so he can pass out before the pain turns his head into a steam whistle.

“The world is a better place now that Saddam is outta power over there… huh !?! Now we can bring western democracy to the people if Iraq…”

Is it just me, or is this statement wearing a little thin? You can see from the way he talks, he doesn't really believe much of what he's saying either. It's got to be really trying to lie that much to your electorate. I'll give him this much, the man has huge balls to keep this charade going, even after the rest of the entire planet called “Bullshit.”

The only thing better than watching Bush on television, is watching Tony Blair justify the United Kingdom's presence in this whole debacle. It's gotta be a slippery slope for him. Especially in being second banana to someone who is clearly a lesser. He's become Gilligan, to Bush's Skipper. That's has to be tough on the psyche. But like any good puppet, he seems to function well with a hand shoved up his ass.

NEXT

I watched Shaun of the Dead last night. I loved it. It is very funny. Simon Pegg did a great job with his character. He was deadpan and perfect. Check it out.

One more

I bought a copy of The Dead Kennedys “Bedtime for Democracy.” That record brings back some great memories for me. The first copy I ever had, my dad bought for me on a business trip to Toronto. I wore that tape out. I must have played it hundreds of times.

It was recorded in 1986, and most of the album still applies today. It was the last studio record the band made. It is full of rip fire guitars, and potent political lyrics. This was made before bubble gum punk was even a twinke in Corporate Music's eye.

Note, If you are a fan of Nickleback, or Creed, (Scott Stap is not human. He's an evil robot... an evil robot that sucks...) this album is not for you. This one will make you think, and I know you just aren't up for it.

No comments: