Thursday, February 24, 2005

02/22/05

I started my night by heading over to Yuk Yuks. The show was pretty good. Both Peter and Brett had good shows. They were part of a showcase for a promoter. I ran into Terry Clement, who is a comic that I like as both a performer and a person. That seems rare to me these days. His set was great. He's truly the oddest guy on the circuit. He's a rock star, and sideshow all rolled into one.

After the show we headed off to the Underground for a couple of beers. I think it was the best time I've had with my friends since I've been here. We just sat there drinking 50 and requesting songs. It was a brilliant moment. Hunger set in, and we decided to hit China Town for some quality eats. Few things beat beef and broccoli in black bean sauce at 2am.

The last few days have opened my eyes. I really feel like a new man. Knowing the things I have approached in my act have national reach validates the less traveled path I have chosen to stumble all over. It is pleasantly refreshing to know that. Now my batteries are recharged, and I will not waiver from my convictions. I now have a new sense of determination, and a revised timetable. I have found a new sense of urgency. I'm sensing the start of a revolution in how I present myself. As Dylan said, “The times, they are a changing…”

I've met a lot of people here, and I have learned more than I expected to. It's funny, the preconceived notions I had about the Toronto scene, were wildly inaccurate. I foolishly let the experiences of others be a gospel that should never have been.

I have seen more stand up than I thought I could bear this week.

I'm excited to go home. I miss Erin. It's been odd without her. I'm lonesome for her. She has been an excellent co pilot in my life since we found each other. I can't wait to show her just how really enlightening this trip was. I hope I don't drive her crazy in the process.

Other stuff…

My birthday is coming up soon, It has been a great year, probably the best I have had to date. There are so many good reasons to celebrate it. My life is good. I used to wonder if it would ever come together, and then in what seemed like a flash, it did. I wonder what 34 has in store for me.

End of Transmission

No comments: