Wednesday, February 23, 2005

02/23/05 Attack of the Fembots.... or "Why do you all look the same?"

I'm sitting here in a café in the fashion district of Toronto, a different man than I was yesterday. The goals I set for myself at the beginning of this trip are starting to come to fruition. I managed to have a reasonable show, and a really good conversation with Marc Breslin.

After the show last night I felt different. The road ahead of me will be just as treacherous as the one behind me, but I feel stronger than I have in what seems like a million years. I somehow feel like I now have the tools to make this all happen the way I want.

In a weird turn of events, as I started my celebration, I began to feel like “now what?”
The realization came to me. It was something I had always known, but it needed to be reinforced. Life is indeed what you make it.

Other stuff…

I went to The Underground Garage with Brett last night. It was a curious evening. An army of fembots surrounded me. It was odd… there was a legion of totally fabricated women, all dressed alike, all with fake tans, and bad highlights. There were all completely smashed out of their collective gourd, and had set their phasers to slut. It was like watching something out of a bad John Hughs movie. There was no sense of independent thought, or individual creativity, they exist only as a hive mentality.

“Um… like we are the Borg…”

I thought it was kinda sad. I have always made an effort to distinguish myself from the pack, and I think it's criminal when people don't. I think it's a sign of selling one's self short. Why be a follower when you can be a trailblazer?

So the message is this…

“Be yourself… it will do you good… besides being like everyone else is boring.”

No comments: