Saturday, February 26, 2005

02/26/05

Last night I had a really good show… The crowd in the super club was young and pumped. They were my people. I felt like a tiger on stage. The adrenaline was coursing through my veins like a run away freight train, and I felt like I could do anything. It felt like I might be able to fly. I feel liberated.

After my set, Marc Breslin came to speak with me. He gave me a new tag for a joke. That was really cool. He has been really helpful. I'll be honest this man impresses me. He has calmness to his demeanor. There is wisdom to his words, and he speaks in a manner that reflects that wisdom without any sense of arrogance. (At least to me… so far…)

After the show we (the Calgary contingent…) wandered off to a pub called Jeremiah's. There was a strange energy in the room. I didn't feel like celebrating too much… I feel like a kid who just learned how to read, and is trying to gleam as much information as possible. (And all at once…) For the first time in a while, I have re asserted control of my career, and it feels great. I have to remember that there is a natural pace to things. This may be the most difficult lesson of my life so far.

Brett and I wandered off to a donut shop and stayed there till about 5am. We talked about our lives, our hope and fears, and understood each other as grown men might. It has been good for our friendship for me to be here. I got to exorcise my demons, and he got to meet his head on. Between us, we have managed to regroup ourselves, and make sure the tether is tied tightly to the earth.

Tonight we get to rush off and seal the fate of the poor Mississauga folk. It will be good to perform together again. I told him that I believe one day he will be like Nero, playing his violin, while Rome burns. For the first time, I think he might believe me.

More tales from the front to come.

No comments: