Thursday, March 03, 2005

03/03/05

I’m back to work at the day job. Things seem to have gone well here since I have been gone. I have been feeling great. There is a spring in my step that had been missing for some time. Yvonne looked relieved that I was back. She told me she was worried that I wouldn’t come back. I assured her that I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

It’s nice to sit in my big leather chair again. It’s like an old friend. Once I plunked my ass down it, I felt at home again. I think I may have pissed off some of my charges, but what odds, the cat’s been away, and when Yvonne isn’t around, they try to get away with shit.
Speaking of which, that poor woman needs some rest. Holy smokes!!!

My trip to Toronto was great. I needed that time to make sure that the path I was on was the right one. I now feel as if I have a flashlight to help illuminate the way. I’m enjoying writing again. More to the point, I’m excited about writing again. There are so many things I want to finally talk about, and I’m finding new ways to look at them. There are a couple of older jokes that I had buried because I was tired of them, but now I can see them in a whole new light, and they have more meat to pick off the bone, more than I ever thought they did.

My 34th birthday is only 2 days away now. This is the first year that I’m not really as excited about it. It has become a non-issue for me. Maybe it’s because this is not a monumental birthday. It’s not 30, it’s not 40… Just 34.

In other news, my favourite team, The Calgary Flames, has purchased a minority share in the Stampeders. Football is going to be fun to watch this summer; The Stamps have new owners, a new coach, a new quarterback, and a better receiving core. They look like they might have found some light at the end of the tunnel. After a few fucked up seasons, it’s nice to see the franchise get its shit together.

End of Transmission.

No comments: