Saturday, March 26, 2005

03/26/05 Just some Quotes I like...

I just read my friend Daniel's blog. He had some good quotes on there. i decided to put a few that I like here.


"I have a new life goal: get drunk enough to see the devil, take a few good pictures, sell them on eBay, become rich." - Jake Brigham


"It occurred to me that there was no difference between men, in intelligence or race, so profound as the difference between the sick and the well." - F. Scott Fitzgerald


"We have a political system that awards office to the most ruthless, cunning, and selfish of mortals, then act surprised when those willing to do anything to win power are equally willing to do anything with it." -Michael Rivero


"I never wanted to be famous. I only wanted to be great." - Ray Charles


"This is the way the world ends; not with a bang, but a whimper." - T. S. Eliot, The Hollow Men


"Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back -- in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you." - Frederick Buechner


"Now, now my good man. This is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) - On his deathbed, after a priest asked that he renounce Satan

No comments: