Wednesday, March 16, 2005

03/16/05

I feel fine. Not great, not lousy, just fine… It's been slow at work lately, and I have been getting more sleep than I usually do. I'm getting concerned with the lack of work. It seems like we have hit a down period. This is not what I was hoping for.

I picked up some more gigs. That's a really good thing. April will be a good month. I'll be able to stretch out a little more on stage. The thing that really sucks about Calgary is that there are no places to work out new jokes. Denise has always been good at getting me some stage time, but it's just not enough.

I've been reading a good book lately. It's called “The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night-time” It was written by a man named Mark Haddon. It's a story of a Murdered dog, and a 16 year old savant trying to figure out why it happened. It's really quite odd. It may be my favorite book in the last couple of years. I highly recommend it.

The ipod has had some good tunes lately too. Here is a list of some discs I've downloaded to it lately.

1) James - Wah Wah (a collection of James jam sessions… with an early version of “Tomorrow”)

2) Hagfish - Rocks Your Lame Ass (Fun power pop…)

3) Beck - Sea Change (Not quite the masterpiece that “Mutations” was, but still quite good)

4) David Byrne - Grown Backwards

5) Drive - Jehovah's witness protection program

6) Sean Panting - Lotus Land (One of the best records I have ever heard…)

7) Goldfinger - Disconnection Notice (not the best, but very catchy…)

No comments: