Wednesday, March 09, 2005

03/09/05 Orange Crush for the Unwashed Masses...

There comes a time in everyone's meager existence that you need to stop for a second and take stock of your life. The last few days have been like that for me. I have started to ask myself what I really want out of my life. I have come to the conclusion that I have no functional idea what the answer is. I know that my life is pretty good right now, but I still can't shake the feeling that something is missing.

It feels like that moment when you are trying to tell someone a story, and you forget a name… and it's on the tip of your tongue. The more you try to remember it, the further it slips away from you. Then your brain wakes you at 4am to expel it out.

I feel like I've awoken from a long slumber. The problem is I'm still groggy from it. I'm roused, but not too conscious yet. My birthday felt more like an alarm than a celebration. It had the same kind of stark realization as looking at the clock on Monday morning and realizing that I'm late for work. I'm scrambling, jumping on one leg, trying to pull my pants on.

I have a show on Wednesday. I'm excited; it's the first show since I have been back. I can barely contain myself. I'm anxious; I know it's going to be fun.

For some reason I'm having a craving for Orange Soda. When I was a little kid, my grandpa used to take me to the 711 for Orange Soda when I was feeling crummy. Since then, whenever I need a little pick me up, I go and get one. It's funny how we can find comfort in the strangest things. It gives me an idea for a marketing slogan.

“Orange Crush… It's cheaper than Zoloft.”

It's pure genius…

I think it may be time for a little image change. I think it might be fun to have a little update, something a little hipper (without looking like an aging, desperate to stay cool hairdresser, or a sad cover band rocker dude… that would be a travesty of epic proportions…)

No comments: