Wednesday, March 30, 2005

03/30/05 We are all full of Rock Stars...

My April dates have changed a little. I am no longer going to be the MC next weekend. I have been moved to the following weekend, and will be the “middle guy”… I think that's a good idea actually. I need to make a decent promo video, and that will allow me to take 5 cracks at it. I should be able to come up with something worthwhile given that many opportunities.

I'm excited to play the club with more freedom and time to stretch out on stage. It's been a long time since I had the chance to really get into the mix of it all. The last while it's been nothing but 5 -15 minute sets, and I'm chomping at the bit to take my time with material, especially the newer stuff.

Other stuff…

As you may have read in previous posts, I have kidding around about being a rock star. But in some ways I think that the cult of personality makes us all rock stars. I've met some pretty cool people in my life thus far, and most of them are rock stars in their own way. The moments that make us shine equate with being a rock star. When we realize our goals, big and small, we are rock stars. It's not about glory; it's about being a successful human being. The moment we gain the strength of conviction, or the confidence in our skin, we supercede the average, and become rock stars.

I'm been feeling much more productive in the last couple of months. (More than I have in the last couple of years…) I am beginning to understand why I spiraled out. I needed to find my way back, on my own terms. I got frustrated, and everything I tried to do just made the whole thing worse. I couldn't see my goals with any clarity. I have managed to claw my way back, and damn it; I'm a better man for it. I guess luck decided to play on my team for a while.

I owe a debt of gratitude to all the people who stood beside me. Thank you Denise, Brett, Peter, Shane, Daniel, and Especially Erin. Without her, I would have gone mad. (I'm sure I'm forgetting more people, but they know who they are, and I just want to say thanks…)
You have all helped me so much; I hope that I can return the favor someday. You got me through a lot, and got me to this point. You are all rock stars.

I am now a rock star too.

1 comment:

denise said...

Thank you Marcus - You ARE a Rock Star!

D.