Tuesday, March 29, 2005

03/29/05

My friend Brett, dear readers is like a brother to me, he jotted down a few things in his blog that he'd like to do and see. I thought it was a neat idea, so I decided to do the same.

I'd like to visit a plant where they make cars. Ever since I was a kid, factories have fascinated me. I have never been in one. I'd like to check it out.

I really want to go to Israel. I want to see the birthplace of humanity's major religions. I think that might hold a key to me understanding my beliefs.

I want to go on a “Ride Along” with the police. I think spending a night with police in a positive way might be somewhat illuminating. Hopefully they will let me play with the siren, and give me a bulletproof vest to wear. (And maybe a can of pepper spray, so I can take down a “perp” or blind my self… The latter is the more likely of the two…)

I want to ride every roller coaster in the world. Maybe I can get some Internet gambling company to sponsor me; we could turn it into a media shit show. (I'd be a God to young boys everywhere…)

It would be neat to go and see those giant radar dishes that you always see in Sci-Fi movies. I just think they are very cool. I haven't the faintest clue where they are. Well besides being in the United States.

It would be great to see Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow in a no holes barred fight to the death. Whoever wins gets to decide the fate of the National Hockey League. (Yes I meant to say “holes”…)

I'd like to spend a drunken weekend with my friends in a seedy bar, in some country where we are referred to only as “Gringos.” I'd make Brett eat the worm outta the bottle of Tequila. I'd then try to inspire Daniel into talking Brett down. That would be hours of entertainment. It wouldn't be pretty, but it sure would be fun. It's likely that Peter would spend most of the time in a ditch, trying to start arguments with other tourists (not to mention indigenous animals, great and small.) Happily, he'd forget, and we'd all laugh about it later… (Damn, that's got screenplay written all over it. Fuck You Caddyshack…)

I want to go to Europe. I need to see France, Germany, Ireland, and a host of other places. It would be useful to get a better sense of my family tree. I need to see where my ancestors lived, and where they worked. I want to see the things they saw.

Well that's it for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more as time goes by.

End of Transmission

No comments: