Thursday, September 08, 2005

09/09/05 Modern Day Atlantis...

I feel badly for the people of New Orleans. Mother Nature kicked up her heals and left nothing but chaos in her wake. Once a city of historical significance is now a modern day Atlantis, all that remains are the flotsam of human tragedy, and the driftwood of its physical constructs.

I have a difficult time trying to imagine what these people must be going through. I’m sure I would be unable to cope, and I am amazed that people have reacted as well as they have. If it were me, I likely would be confined to a nut house by now.

I have been trying to avoid watching news stories about it. I find it too awful to watch. I made the mistake of flicking on CNN for a little while tonight, and my heart was filled with dread. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

No comments: