Friday, September 09, 2005

09/09/05

The last few days have felt like an emotional roller coaster. The week started with me feeling pretty shitty. I have needed a change for some time, and this week that desire seemed to be overwhelming. I really felt like a bus had hit me. I had a hard time putting one foot in front of the other. My bones were aching, and I just couldn’t get the fog out of my head. I wasn’t myself at all.

It’s strange to me that when I’m feeling down that all the colours in the world get a drab like tint to them. I know in my head it’s just a perception thing, but it really doesn’t help my headspace in the slightest.

It was as if there was a terrific weight on my shoulders. The more I tried to fight it, the more it pressed down on me. Tuesday and Wednesday were truly hateful. If I had been able to stay in bed and hide under the covers, I would have. At least that way I would have gotten some rest.

Happily, the feeling began to break, and today I feel like my normal old self.

On to other stuff…

I’m heading off to Edmonton to play the weekend there. I’m pretty happy about it too. It’s been too long since the last time I played there. I really like it there. The crowds are usually enthusiastic, and they get good and rowdy… Just the way I like them.

I’ve been plugged into the weekend with Bill McIntosh and Kevin Stobo. I’ve worked with both of those guys a fair amount over the years, and I like them both. It should be a nice weekend in the club.

Anyway I need to sleep…

No comments: