Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Blog's first Birthday



Today is the first anniversary of this blog. Imagine… A whole year of stuff that has funneled out of my head, and I’m not sure if it’s really done me or anyone else any good. I know I have some dedicated readers; I’m just not sure how many.

I can only promise that the next year will track the changes in my life, much as the previous has. What adventures do I have in store for me? Who knows?

In the meantime, I think I need a cake and some streamers. Well okay, just the cake… truthfully I need little excuse to get me some cake.

Anyway here are some quotes that I’ve chosen to help celebrate.

“An author is a fool who, not content with boring those he lives with, insists on boring future generations.” - Charles de Montesquieu, French lawyer & philosopher (1689 - 1755)

“Everyone has the obligation to ponder well his own specific traits of character. He must also regulate them adequately and not wonder whether someone else's traits might suit him better. The more definitely his own a man's character is, the better it fits him.” –Cicero, Roman author, orator, & politician (106 BC - 43 BC)

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” - Douglas Adams, English humorist & science fiction novelist (1952 - 2001)

4 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday to your blog! I wish you another happy year of good writing.

Warm regards,
Angela

Daryl Makk said...

Happy birthday to the sCrApEs oF wRaTh.
I have enjoyed your ramblings.
Now blow out your candle and have a beer!

denise said...

BIRTHDAY??? Did someone say BIRTHDAY?

Damn, I'm gonna need more knee pads.

D.

Peter Anthony said...

happy birthday buddy!