Monday, April 18, 2005

04/18/05 The Monkey That Finally Got Off My Back...

The Saturday shows worked out nicely. They came together really well. The first show was fantastic. There were 340 people, and there was this electric feeling in the air. You could feel it, it was a brilliant tension. When I walked off stage, Denise, and Carol, (the two people who helped me the most over the years…) were beaming… and that just made the whole thing more amazing for me. I wish that Brett had been there, he would have loved it.

The second show wasn’t as good, but it was still pretty solid. It felt great to take on the crowd and win. After a very long time, I managed to stake my claim on that stage. I proved that I belong there. (I always knew… But I’ve had some detractors… and they needed to know too.) There are new goals placed ahead of me now. Look out planet, I got some shit to say, and it’s gonna be loud.

I wrote a couple of new jokes on stage, and they came out effortlessly. There is this real, and very natural feel to them. I have found a new, more playful way, and it’s really helping to flesh out my personality. I’m really excited to keep throwing new stuff out. I feel like I’m on a roll.

Freddy was did guest spots all weekend. I really enjoyed hanging out with him. He makes me laugh. I think it’s because he mutters, and somehow it’s usually funny. He’s a strange, curiously distracted man.

Anyway I’m tired and need to sleep.

No comments: