Monday, November 08, 2004

11/07/04 Stuff that's been in the ipod lately

Once in a while , I like to recommend new tunes, (and old ones too...)

Here's a list of some of the stuff that I've been jetting around town to.

1) Doughboys - Whatever (Classic Canadian power pop... If you can get your hands on this record, pick it up. It's become quite hard to find. I had to comb the used record stores for eons...)

2) Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (This is one of the best albums I have ever heard. Some of the smartest song writing I have have ever had the good fortune to hear. This one is a masterpiece!!!)

3) The Weakerthans - Reconstruction Site (Currently the best band in Canada. Stunning lyrics and clever hooks...)

4) The Dropkick Murphys - Blackout (Celtic Punk, this band just keeps getting better!)

5) Grandaddy - Sumday (I'm On Standby gets stuck in my head a lot...)

6) Joe Strummer - Streetcore (Joe's best since The Clash's Sandinista... Sadly his last too... R.I.P.)

7) Pearl Jam - Riot Act (I will always have a soft spot for Pearl Jam... and this album rocks.)

8) Elvis Presley - A Boy From Tupelo (He was called the King of Rock and Roll for a reason.)

9) The Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense (The best live album I have ever heard.)

10) They Might Be Giants - The Spine (Museum of Idiots has to be my favorite title for a song ever...)

No comments: