Monday, November 08, 2004

11/08/04 Museum of Idiots

I had a truly awful sleep last night. I tossed and turned, and really didn't get any real rest of any sort. Sometimes my subconscience likes to torment me. Last night it had a field day.

I had a dream that I was in some sort of alien museum. There was a point where I was wandering around these great halls. The walls were coverend with strange asssortment of pictures. There were pictures of the Pope, George Bush, Mr Dressup, Martha Stewart, the Queen of England, as well as a litany of others.

There were display cases that had human artifacts in them. One of the larger displays had a collection of mass produced plastic objects. included were an Easy Bake Oven, a Magic 8 Ball and a Flowbee. The case across from it had soft drink bottles, fast food wrappers and Newspapers. On one of the papers there was a picture of a mushroom cloud centered on the page. The headline on the paper said "Oops.."

Projected on the wall, there were movies of Hitler, Bush, Bin Laden, Ronald Mc Donald and various T.V. commercials . The images slurred all together. It was a strange montage, each image super imposing itself over the other. It was so jarring. The more I watched, the more disconnected I felt. The strangest part was the sound track. Each of the "Star's" Voices was there, but there were also cartoon noises and sound effects. It was truly fucked.

I stopped watching and ran down the hall and headed for the exit. I looked up. There was a sign. It read "Museum of Idiots."

This dream scared the shit out of me. Even now, as I relate this nightmare, I'm feeling a little uneasy.


No comments: