Sunday, November 07, 2004

11/07/04 Tim's Benefit

Wow, last night was great!!! Stu from Funny Fest manged to sell out the show. The place was packed. Tim's parents gave a little talk before the show officially started, just to let people know about what happened to him. It's weird, I still half expected to see him coming around the corner. I think it's gonna be a little while before his passing really sinks in.

There was some pretty raw emotion in the room, but the show went great. The highlight for me was seeing my mentor Marc Dorman on stage. I haven't seen him perform in a long time. He was fantastic. He got the second half of the show back on track, after a few of the less experienced comics did some time. He was in fine form. I have always been amazed at how he can whip a crowd into shape. When he's on his game, he's one of the best I've ever seen.

I'm glad Sara now has a college fund. I hope what we did helps her. (not that I did much... in fact Stu really deserves kudos for putting the whole thing together. )

Cheers Tim!!! I hope yer knockin' em dead...

End of Transmission

No comments: