Tuesday, June 07, 2005

06/07/05 Just a silly top ten list...

I got a chain email from a friend the other day. One of the questions was to list my top 10 favorite records. It was a bit of a head scratcher for me at first, but I managed to scrape together a list. So here they are.

1) The Clash – London Calling (my favorite of all time ever…)
2) Sugar – Copper Blue (the best record Bob Mould ever did.)
3) The Talking Heads – Stop Making Sense (The best live record I’ve ever heard…)
4) Radiohead – Ok Computer (This record is self indulgent and every second is delicious.)
5) Dead Kennedys – Plastic Surgery Disasters (“Moon over Marin” and “Terminal Preppie” kick ass)
6) James – Pleased to me you (The best lyrics ever written as far as I’m concerned…)
7) Elvis Costello – My Aim is True (Just as punchy a record today as the day it was recorded…)
8) U2 – Wide Awake in America (the best version of Bad is on this e.p.)
9) Ministry – The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste. (This tasty dish is best served at the loudest volume possible.)
10) Bob Marley – Exodus (The man was a prophet… nuff said…)

I felt there were some honorable mentions that needed to be recognized…

1) Doughboys – Whatever
2) Miles Davis – Kinda Blue
3) Public Enemy – Fear of a Black Planet
4) Fugazi – Repeater
5) Down By Law – Punkrockacademyfightsong
6) Pearl Jam – Riot Act

No comments: