Wednesday, June 08, 2005

06/08/05 The Harsh Light of Day

Not even a wink of sleep last night. I just lay in bed, staring at the clock. Each minute seemed like an eternity. I began to feel as if there might be too many minutes in an hour. Tick… Tick… Tick… Blink… Tick… Tick…

This morning my eyelids feel heavy, like they have been fashioned out of cement. They also have that burning sensation that only comes from sleep deprivation. I’m groggy with a few parts clumsy and stupid added for good measure. The coffee doesn’t seem to be helping too much. They should make coffee with speed in it. That would help. Hmm… Speed spiked coffee; I sense a million dollar opportunity. (Sadly this would really only get me back to about half power…)

The walk to work was uneventful. Erin and I meandered to our respective work places in relative quiet. She is just as tired as I am. I’m amazed at how much my personality changes when I’m exhausted.

Tomorrow I go to Kelowna. I’m not sure what to expect. The last time I was there was a year ago. I went with Daryl. The show did not got well. I hope to redeem myself a little. Last time there was only one show. This time three shows. More chances to fix that blemish on the road record. (Or implode brilliantly…)

So far, my day looks like it’s going to be action packed. I have many interviews to get through. We need a lot of new people. I hope that we find some candidates that will fit in with our strange little group.

My worst computing fears have been realized. Apple has pitched IBM chipsets in favour of Intel. Apparently hell has actually frozen over. There is an enemy at the gates, and for some reason, the drawbridge has been left open. No good can come from this. Steve Jobs what have you done?

No comments: