Thursday, June 23, 2005

06/23/05 New Tunes

So I thought I'd take a break from the political nonsense currently infesting my blog, to tell you folks about some new discs that I've added to the collection.

So… here it goes…

1) Steel Pulse - The Best of… 20th Century Masters Edition… (For those of you that have never heard of them… well they're great. It's the kind of reggae that would make Bob Marley proud.)

On a side note, the 20th Century masters discs are great.

2) Foo Fighters - In Your Honor (This is my album of the year… Dave Grohl never disappoints. These songs are the hallmark of not only a kick ass rock & roll savior, but a musical craftsman too.

3) Ben Harper - Welcome to the Cruel World. (I'm new on the Harper bandwagon. I've heard his stuff for years, but I never took the time to really give it a listen… I can't believe what I was missing. WOW…)

4) Coldplay - X&Y (Not their best effort, but there are some tracks that I think stand out. Square One, Talk, Speed of Sound and A Message are all really good… the rest of the record is a little heavy on the filler side… Too bad really…)

5) Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth. (Oasis is all grown up. Nuff said…)

5 comments:

denise said...

Sorry that I have no fight in me for this, but I got introduced to
Ben Harper and the Blind Boys and was hypnotized for months. Wow, wow and wow!

D.

TheBrett said...

Oasis - Don't believe the truth is awesome. Now listen to the Eagles Of Death Metal!

Anonymous said...

Has everyone fell ill. No fights. No politically incorrect statement?
I am disappointed.

denise said...

OK, fine anonymous. FUCK YOU MARCUS! HOW DARE YOU WRITE OF ANYTHING THAT IS NOT U2. LOSER IN THE UNNNNNTH DEGREE. Ok, happy now anonymous?

D.
P.S. Is that you again Chew?

denise said...

Chew, "behind blue eyes" my ass. Those are colour contacts and I'm telling everyone.

D.