Saturday, June 25, 2005

06/25/05 Later edition...

This past week has been pretty good. I’m enjoying the free time. It has given me the chance to take it a lot easier lately. It seems to be paying off, I’m not as tired, and I’m not feeling rushed about anything. Perhaps this will be a good summer. That would be nice.

There hasn’t been much stand up work as of late, and to be honest, I don’t mind that. The summer slows down considerably. (With it being tourist season… not too mention BBQ’s and all the fun summer activities that will be a foot…) It’s kind of nice. However, I’m hoping that the fall will bring more and more work, and ultimately bigger successes both on and off stage.

I’m trying to figure out another trip to Toronto. This time I hope to work more. It would be great to get as many eastern clubs under my belt as possible.

I had a good set on Wednesday. The lessons Dan taught me on the road have helped. I have become more natural on stage, and my personality is drawing itself out nicely. The crowd was good, and eager, just the way I like them. They let me take them where I wanted to go… I didn’t have to work hard for it… It was nice to be able to wander and still have their complete attention. Clubs are much nicer for that level of control, than bar shows… with some exceptions.

The frustrations I used to have on stage seem to have dissipated. I think they were based in clinging too tightly to material, and being afraid to leap away from it. I forgot for a while that I’m naturally funny, and when I remembered that, it just plain got better. I have also gotten away from the need to kill. That just creates pressure, and makes it that much harder to communicate the way I like too. Why create friction when there needs to be none? That’s what this blog is for. Making friction that is…

I have to admit, in terms of this blog; I’ve tripped myself up in a few facts recently. I hate that. I spend so much time chastising others for erroneous information that I feel very much like a hypocrite and a jackass. Well… live and learn I guess. I will endeavour to clarify and verify things better before I haul them out into the open. (Mind you… these have mostly been based on my opinions… and I feel they can be somewhat subjective. I still feel that the National Post is conservative… maybe not in the nature of what party they support, but more in the content that I still disagree with, but then I’m coming from further left of centre than most these days… However, I will still do my best to make sure I’m not just talking outta my ass… insert cheap shot here…)

On to other things…

I have been eating dinner at the Ship and Anchor more often lately. Erin has been super busy with her play, (Which has been going great for her… and its really good too. I’m very proud of her…) and I don’t feel like cooking for just me. So I had to find a decent alternative that wasn’t going to drive me into the poor house.

I have to say; the food there is really good. I have tried most things on the menu, and without a doubt, it’s the best pub food in the city… (If not the best I’ve ever had… Mind you… The Bear and Kilt is quite good too.) If you go there, you should try the Chicken Roll Ups… they’re great. Have the home cut fries too. Mmmm…

Anyway… I have much to do…

End of Transmission.

No comments: