Wednesday, June 29, 2005

06/29/05

Well, It sounds like the rain may have finally abated for a while. It has been a relentless so far this summer. Everything is really soggy. I suspect when it finally does dry up, there will be mosquitoes everywhere. Calgary is going to be West Nile central.

I deliberately left the window in my office open all day, just so I could hear the rain pinging off of the side of the building. It’s a strangely soothing sound to me. PING… Tink, Tink, Tink… PING… I love it. It’s a great sound to fall asleep to. Oddly there hasn’t been much in the way of thunder and lightening. I guess it just hasn’t gotten hot enough.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a little nicer. This city isn’t recovering well from the last downpour. It seems this summer’s rain is making up for the last couple of years of drought with a vengeance. I feel really bad for the people of High River; they just seem to be getting flooded over and over again. (Mind you, with a name like High River, you’d figure it might be a tip off of sorts.)

Things are at least nice and green here. Even the foothills are lush and green. Normally by this time of year, there are grass fire warnings. No dice in 2005.

If this rain keeps up, the Stampede might want to consider using sea horses in the rodeo. They might be the only things able to make it in this weather.

On to other things…

I went home sick today. My stomach was really upset with me. I’m not sure what I did to it, but it gave me heck. I’m feeling a little better now, but still not great. I hate being sick. (Not that I can imagine that there are too many people out there who cherish it…)

I had a nap on the couch when I made it home. The TV was on as I drifted off. I must have rolled onto the remote in my sleep, because when I woke up, it was on the “Home Shopping Network,” which would explain some of the dreams I was having.

I dreamt that people were trying to sell me a Tooth whitening kit, but they themselves had no teeth. They were all gummy and gross. One of the “presenters” looked a lot like Herb Tarlec from WKRP. It was all very odd.

1 comment:

Daryl Makk said...

I always wondered what happened to Herb Tarlac. Apparently he is alive and well in your dreams and selling weirder shit than radio ads!!