Friday, October 01, 2004

10/01/04 Complicating the Complication...


I didn’t sleep very well last night. I’m not sure what compels me to stay awake. While all good people are asleep and dreaming, I stare blankly at a blinking cursor. Flashing at me, taunting me. It has a strange hypnotic quality to it. Maybe that’s what Microsoft really wants. People turned into zombies by it’s omnipresent and all powerful eye... the cursor.

It used to be that I would turn my brain into mush in front of the television. The slurring of moving pictures, and pretty shiny lights slowly melting away my need for independent thought, distilling resistance down to it’s lowest power setting.


But I digress, My closest friend in Calgary (Other than my wife...) has moved to Toronto, and I am feeling a little lost. I am the last one of the 4 who is left here in Calgary. Shane, Peter, and finally Brett have all made the journey to Ontario. I’m feeling out of sorts about that.

I have agreed to a few new gigs. Wed the 6th of Oct, in Calgary @ Yuk Yuks. Tues the 26th , in Lethbridge, and there are some guest spots in there as well.

More to come later.

No comments: