Friday, October 22, 2004

10/22/04

I'm feeling most unispired these days. i can't seem to write jokes. I'm not sure why. It seems like the well is dry. I try, and that just does me no good. You can' t force a joke. I've tried... it gets you nowhere. I guess I'm content for the moment. I find it's always better to write when I'm stressed out. The venom seems to come out then.

The blog helps a little. At least I'm managing to get some thoughts out there. I just can't seem to find the funny. Not from a stand up perspective in any way, shape or form. It's like some cruel jinx. I'm sure the mental log jam will break soon, but it's really frustrating in the mean time.

I think I'm spending too much time tinkering with the political stuff too. It's hard not to concentrate on it, because it makes me so angry. I thought I had long since forgotten politics. But much like the Godfather, it keeps pulling me back in. (I think I'm a sucker for lost causes. I should investigate St. Anthony... he's the patron saint of all things hopeless.)

I'm supposed to have a costume for a party this weekend. I have no freaking idea what to dress up as. I hate costume parties. FUCK... I'm trying to be a sport about it. Hopefully I can figure something out. I don't want to disappoint my wife. I know she's really excited about it, and I want her to have a good time. I think sometimes she thinks I'm a wet blanket.

anyhoo time for sleep.

End of transmission

No comments: