Wednesday, October 20, 2004

10/20/04

I spent the whole working day in a shopping mall. I got to be the sheppard for 10 of my employees in a mall. From 6:30 am till 5:30 pm. It was long and boring. I'm glad yvonne was there. (althought I'm sure she was bored shitless...)

We spent the day counting foot traffic for a host of different entrances for this mall. Watching literally thousands of people spill out of office towers, and into two main shopping concourses. (While not rocket science, it lacked even the most basic creative challenges.)

It's amazing how you can totally shut your mind down. Countless hours of people walking by, with next to no human interaction. Now I know how mimes must feel.

While I was sitting on my bench, I saw a couple of people I used to work with, Both of whom have shiney new jobs that pay tons more money. I'm not jealous per say, but it was a bit of an impetus to look for a few more bucks. Who knows where that will lead...

I'm tired... I need to sleep.

I have a big day tomorrow. I'm going to try and get an eye appointment and a haircut. I might even make spaghetti tomorrow. One of my wife's favorites. if she's nice to me...

end of transmission

No comments: