Monday, October 25, 2004

10/25/04 Sprained Tumb

I managed to sprain my thumb last night. I fell out of a Pathfinder (The two door model, which can be tricky for a man just over 6ft...) while trying to get out of it, It was very icy last night. I put one foot down, and it slipped right out from under me. I smacked my hand so hard on the door, I thought i had broken it. Happily, I could still move everything just fine, but the muscle swelled up, and is still quite tender.

There I was sitting on the ground, in a sailor's costume, staring blankly. It's amazing how fast that shit happens. One micro second, I'm reaching out for the ground, the next SLAM!!! I became at one with the ground. The girls all came to my rescue, and Erin did a great job of patching me up.

Funny thing is, I remember thinking, "Gee, I hope I don't fall..."

Irony see... Your life is filled with irony.

Last night's shin dig for Colleen (Erin's aunt...) went well. it was a surprise costume party. (Hence the sailor suit...) It had an under the sea theme.

Other than a broken light lens, and having to order KFC at the last minute, things went as well as could be expected. 80 Baptists doing their darndest to have as little fun as possible. Minus the liquor and dancing. (here may lie the problem) I think we didn't realize how very repressed these people are. Nice enough folks, just not very enthused, and not too much fun at parties.

The girls all did an excellent job of setting things up. I think they are to be commended. From murals to balloon and streamers, and all the serving, it was truly great. They all kick ass. (Especially my wife, But I'm biased...)

Tearing everything down was easy enough. It took way less time than I thought it would.

anyhoo I'm kinda sleepy so...

End of Transmission

No comments: