Monday, October 04, 2004

10/04/04 The Great Hair Bleach Incident....

Vanity and boredom are an evil and unforgiving pair.

So, I'm sitting on the couch, and I remember "Hey, there's a hair dye kit in the bathroom cupboard." I thought some highlights would be a great idea. "Honey, wanna help me dye my hair?"(I have some greying hair, and the occasional box job hides it nicely.) Seems simple right? Fuck no!!!

The box had one of those highlight caps, but no hook to pull the hair through. Now I know what you are thinking... "He didn't decide to do the hole thing did he?" Damn Straight! Semper Fi...

Now judging from the picture on the box and the fact that reading instructions in not a strong suit of mine, it looked like my hair would just go a shade or two lighter. NOPE!!! I now know how Andy Warhol must have felt like. I'm a set of pink eyes away from being an albino. My hair looks like a fucking highlighter exploded.

Mind you, I'm not saying I don't like it. Just that it's a bit extreme.

New Topic...

I had coffee with Dizney today. It was great hanging with him. I sprung an idea on him. I want all of us to write a book. (Diz, Emmo, Russ, Chris, and myself) To tell stories from the DIY days. I want to get everyone's individual take on the instanity of our 20's. I think it would be a really good read.

I would get them to post blogs as they think about stories. Then we read them over, and write our own accounts. Sort of like the broken telephone game. It may give us some insight into each other. I think it will be a good story about how five guys, with very different personalities, struggled to find their own paths. Maybe we can come out of this closer to one another than we've been in a long time.

Or it could go into the shitter fast. Regardless... I think it will be good for us.

New Topic...

This year without hockey is going to suck. I had just gotten used to the Flames being a winning team again... and wham. This strike is rather short sighted. Remember what happened to Major League Baseball? That strike almost cost the league the whole shebang! At least no one has come up with the concept of replacement players. That would be horriffic.

End of Transmission

No comments: