Thursday, October 07, 2004

10/07/04 Communists, Shitty audiences...

I met up with my friend Diz today. We parted ways a few years ago, just simplely drifted apart.(As people do...) He created a new and different world for himself, as did I.

I enjoyed having him at the show tonight. It was nice to have him there to see what I have accomplished over the years. (Not as much as I would have liked to, but I digress...) While our lives have changed, there was something familiar and pleasant about him being there. It was a strange connection to the past, but it seemed to have created a bridge to the future, like we may have found common ground again. (I'm not sure if that makes to much sense, but what odds!?!)

We have a lot in common these days. Both of us are recently married, have the straight and narrow day jobs, and a renewed sense of adulthood.

New topic

I met a card carrying communist the other day. He was nice enough, but far too intense for my tastes. Life is already intense enough. Who needs to brood over academic political process that heavily? God, Commies need to read something for fun once in a while. Noam Chomsky is interesting, but heaven almighty, take a look at the funny pages before your head explodes.

I hate it when pesudo intellectuals argue over the intent of a written text. Sometimes it's okay to let go, live a little. Carpe Diem for Christ's sake.

New topic

The show was a little on the sloppy side. It didn't help that the audience was just not on my side this evening. Every joke was a dogfight for laughs. They were ooooooey. I really hate that. It derails a show. It's a refusal to commit to a joke. (They think it's funny, but are afraid to laugh because they are concerned about who is sitting around them.)


No comments: