Friday, October 15, 2004

10/15/04 Great Reagan's Ghost...

Well, last night's show went well. I tried some new stuff, and it worked well. The crowd, (older than I'm used to...) was into what I was talking about. I like that. I'm starting to feel free on stage. I think I finally get that I'm in control. It's a good feeling for sure.
But I digress, on to other stuff.

Yet another non-debate for Bush and Kerry last night. I have lost all hope that Kerry is capable of beating Bush. The man can't seem to muster any credible conviction. He's like a flaccid lettuce leaf. Totally useless. I really hope someone finds a way to beat Bush. I really feel that he might be responsible for bringing on the Apocalypse.

I wish my government would back off on the Missile Defense Shield. What could we Canadians hope to gain by playing along with this pile of crap? This giant "laser" in space nonsense thing is going to make the Kennedy magic bullet theory seem like the most plausible cover story ever. It reeks of certain disaster.

This is how I imagine the decision to create this insane project was conceived.

President: "Gentlemen... How do we protect Fortress North America from the evil brown people?"

A swath of hands go up.

Lackey #1: "How about sincere Foreign policy, and full transparency with the nations we deal with?"

President: "Nope... too risky... and we don't get to spend all that money we took away from the school lunch program..."

All: roaring with laughter

Lackey #2: "How about respecting international law, and forging a healthy working relationship with the United Nations?"

President: "Too clever, other countries would never buy it. They'd know we were up to something... and Halliburton and Microsoft wouldn't give me any re election money..."

Lackey #3: "I know Mr. President... How about a Shield? You know... A Big one!!! In space even..."

President: "Great Reagan's Ghost... that's Genius... Johnson!!! Call the Pentagon!!!"

This may be the biggest sucker's bet ever. It reminds me of the "Monorail" episode of The Simpson's. I wonder if Dubya has ever seen it? From the looks of it, probably not.

End of transmission

No comments: