Thursday, September 16, 2004

09/16/04 Kicking puppys and tripping the handicapped...

I have often found that I prefer people who have a nasty sense of humor. Rightly or wrongly, it seems to me that they have a better grip on the world and their place in it. Mind you, this is just a theory I'm kicking around. Everytime I hear someone ooh at something I think is truly funny, I cringe a little. People seem to forget the concept of subtext. Like words taken in their literal context could only be the gospel truth. Mind you making 300 people ooh has it's theraputic momements from time to time. Knowing that you have made that many people twitch for a second can be in a word "wow!"

The thing is, the nastiest, bluest, darkest thing that can possibly come streaming out of me doesn't even compare to the horror of being homeless, or living with some horrible affliction, or going to a movie with Jennifer Lopez in it.

If given that extra second, I think most people would get the drift. Too bad really. Hopefully, the things I say will explode like little "time bombs."
Imagine if you could hand a "thought bomb" to someone who just doesn't understand something. The shit you could avoid would be brilliant. What a huge growth industy. Instant communication. We assume that we have instant communication in the present age. Totally untrue, we have vehicles, like cell phones and the internet, but they are nothing but modern reliquaries. A digital husk, nothing more.

I mean communicating ideas, and being able to interpret those ideas, without misunderstanding intent. Just a pipe dream I guess.



No comments: