Thursday, September 16, 2004

09/16/04

Well, the show went well last night. Mostly. I have a new joke about pencils. Really it's more about poking a cat with a pencil. Okay... poking a cat in heat with a pencil. Apparently a lot of my act involves something being inserted into an animal. It needs some work, but for a first try, it seemed to go well.
It was nice to see the so many of the "Young Guns" out in force. Alison, Brett, Freddy, Mikey, and Dooms were all there. It was like old home week at Yuk Yuks. I got to talk with Pete Zedlacher a little, and I think he's a pretty cool guy. Mike McDonald was skulking around the club. He didn't perform, but he was out with all the comics. I get the impression he's on the road so he can write. I think that's great.

I had a really good chat with Bud Anderson. He's quite a likeable fellow. Good sense of humor too. I didn't recognize him. He shaved this head and grew a beard. He looks like Anton Levay from the Church of Satan. Which is odd cause he is the cleanest comic I have ever seen. He reminds me of my friend Grant, which is also cool. Bud has a ranch, and takes care of abused animals when he's there. Very cool dude.

No comments: