Tuesday, September 14, 2004

9:15 Am

UGGH, It's still too early for me to be up. I hate mornings. I always have. Went to Starbucks, only to discover a line from here to the moon. Everyone had the same kind of Morning face. Perhaps in another universe, Starbucks is fully of early risers that are truly happy about it.
While I was waiting, A guy came up to me and said "Hey... I saw you at Yuk Yuks a few months ago..." His name was Eddy. A pleasant sort I suppose, He extended his hand and said I was funny. I thanked him (actually I think I kinda croaked something out that was a little more like ThAnKs...)

I still, years later, find it odd that people feel the need to talk to an entertainer after a show. It makes me a little uncomfortable. I like to retreat to the safety of a small pub when I get off stage. I don't want to hear people's stories about crap, or hear their racist jokes that they want me to use in my little "skit". Perhaps it's just ego... or neurosis.

What's even more strange to me, is when people ask for autographs. Maybe it's a sense of my own self worth, but I don't get it. We place strange value on things. People pay thousands (and sometimes millions) for hand writing. I'd rather curse than be cursive.


No comments: